Monday, June 8, 2009

The Return

I was told I needed a new post. Ta da! Here 'tis!

I got me a new job for the summer. I'm a secretary in the Industrial and Systems Engineering department on campus. Woo fun. But really, it's not bad. Sometimes I have nothing to do, and then I get to read! :-) The people I work with are all really nice, too.

The Lord has recently shed some light regarding certain situations I've been through. Allen spoke last night at church from 1 Peter 5. Verse 10 really stuck out to me. It says, "And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." [emphasis mine] Wow! The Scriptures are clear that we will go through sufferings. But God Himself is going to restore us, make us strong, firm and steadfast!

I'm reminded of a verse that was shared in my Experiencing God class: "Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness, and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap. For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the whole earth." Luke 21: 34-35 Maybe not so much the dissipation and drunkenness (although certainly they are things to be careful of). But I have dealt with my fair share of anxiety recently, and this is good advice! Be careful! These things are going to come to everyone, and it will surprise you when it comes!

This also goes back to 1 Peter 5. "Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings." (verses 8-9)

On an unrelated note, I am thinking about taking up my Choose Your Own Adventure story again, assuming I have an audience. Any takers? :-)

1 comment:

C-Dub said...

mYes, to the choose your own advent.