Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Woah! Two posts in two consecutive days! I better be careful... I might be starting a tradition. :-)

I've started to read John Piper's book When I Don't Desire God, and wanted to mention a quote from it:

I am addressing the question: "How can I obtain or recover a joy in Christ that
is so deep and so strong that it will free me from bondage to Western comforts
and security, and will impel me into sacrifices of mercy and missions, and will
sustain me in the face of martyrdom?"

He then goes onto quote 2 Timothy 3:12 which states that all who want to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.

Random poll: Is it creepy to call someone who hasn't given you their phone number? EXAMPLE: Timmy, Suzy and I are all friends. Timmy gives me Suzy's number and I call her. She has no record of my phone number. Creepy--yes or no? :-)

No comments: