Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ms. Watts

So, I find it funny that people walk into the Industrial & Systems Engineering departmental office and try and talk to me about their problems. Let me paint a picture for you.

When you first walk into the office, the first thing you notice in the center of the room is this beautiful, mohogany-looking desk. It is tall; it is large. It is not mine. Off to the side, is a small, brown desk with a young woman sitting behind it. She probably has her iPod playing in her ears, and is probably stuffing folders with papers. This is me. Granted, I have a name plate. Maybe that throws them off.

But when you walk into an office, do you automatically start explaining your problem to the girl looking at you blankly as though she has no clue what you're talking about, or do you tend to gravitate toward the seasoned woman who looks like she knows what she's doing, sitting at the big important desk?

I would choose important desk. Important desk is favorite. Small desk is favorite also, but important desk is more favorite.

But apparently that's just me.

No comments: