Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Confabulation Concerning Trifling Discourse

I was reading up on regeneration in my Bible Doctrine book by Wayne Grudem (highly recommended, by the way), and I came across these verses. I especially liked the version that Grudem uses:

"A new heart I will give you, and a new spirit I will put within you; and I will take out of your flesh the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to observe my ordinances." Ezekeiel 36:26-27

I really like how easy it is to read this book on systematic theology. I'm not one for recommending books very often, but this is one I will gladly put my stamp of approval on. :-) I get to learn more in depth about topics like regeneration, justification, sin, angels and demons, and man as male and female.

It's great to have a string of Bible verses to look up after every sentence. How encouraging to see people backing their ideas up with Truth, instead of just their own human, and therefore erroneous, intelligence. I confess I get tired of academia quite frequently. We tend to use a lot of words to say very little at all.

And on that note, I end my blog post. :-)

No comments: