Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Harry Potter and the Library Curse

I had two dreams last night, and they're good 'uns, so I'm going to type them up. :-)

In the first dream, I am Harry Potter. Only, I turn myself into a dog. See, I get home (which reminds me of the tube-like structures one would see in a McDonald's playground) and there's a note waiting for me. It says, "Get out of your house and into this bag as quick as you can!" So I leave my nodule, go into the next one, and zip myself into this body bag-esque thing. It turns me into a dog, and next thing I know Ron, Hermione, and a professor (McGonagall? I'm not sure) meet me at my new nodule. But they're all animals, too! Which, apparently, is normal because we then march down to the library.

The professor is putting us on a mission, and we will need some non-fiction books to help us. We're going to steal them and then head out on the mission (we are obviously not believers, as there is no conviction by the Holy Spirit concerning our actions). The professor places a spell on us to keep the other library patrons away from us, but we must stay in the non-fiction section! If we venture into the fiction section, it will arouse the curiosity of those in the library, possibly alerting them to our intentions!

Unfortunately, I am too interested in fiction novels and wander off. An unsuspecting library patron thinks I work at the library and comes to ask me where to put his book back, but as he steps within the spell-zone, he becomes attached to me! He can't leave my side! Apparently, if you get too close, the spell has the opposite effect. Drats.

So I start making my way warily back to the group, only to find that Hermione has become bedazzled by a fictional section (which, oddly enough, is about the Lewis and Clark expedition. The Lord revealed Himself to them, which is why they disappeared--that's the premise of the book. It actually looked scary. Good thing they didn't really disappear). So we make a run for it and leave. My dream ends after the chase scene. I think I get on my broomstick and fly away. Wonder what the mission was...?

My second dream was located in the courtyard outside the library, but I wasn't Harry Potter anymore. It was just a normal world.

I'm sitting next to Aaron Hendrick, and we're waiting for Heather to come pick us up. But he has long hair in a single braid, and no glasses. He looks rather like a little girl.

We start talking, and he starts asking me questions about God and about sins. He seems genuinely interested, and I think, "This guy/little girl/person is practically an open door! But wait, Aaron Hendrick is a believer. Is he just testing me? Oh well, it'll be good practice." So I evangelize him. And right before I get to the part where I ask him/her/it if they want to pray to receive Christ, Heather pulls up. And Aaron turns back into Aaron and tells me he was just interested in hearing how I would handle those questions... and he figured it would be good practice for me.

So maybe I need to practice evangelizing, hey? Okay, Lord, point taken.

No comments: