Thursday, July 2, 2009

Confession

I have a confession to make.

Like any confession, it's one I'm not proud of and I'm nervous about making.

I have an addiction.

It creeps up most when I'm traveling in my car for long lengths of time. I usually stop by a random gas station and then... addiction happens.

It's a hard addiction to have. Not just any gas station will do. I've only found a small handfull. But when I find just the right one...

It makes me happy. It makes me content. I don't focus on the long drive anymore or how I've listened to this CD fifty times already. Just me and my addiction. Together. What's so bad about that, right?

I know what you're thinking. But it's not coffee. That's a given. Don't need to confess that one.

Strawberry sour punch straws.

*choir of angels sing*

They make my teeth hurt, but I don't care. They make my jaws hurt when I pucker from the initial sour, but the following sweet is so... sweet... I just don't care.

I have a method. It's part of the addiction.

I eat a bite at a time. Usually about 2-3 inches of straw.

I suck all the sour off, then with my teeth, I bite open the straw so it lays flat in my mouth. There's extra sweet goo in the middle you can get to if you do this. So wonderful...

Then I chew and swallow.

Chewing poses its difficulties. Especially when I'm several straws into the package (which always comes with 10 straws, by the way).

As I've already pointed out, these delicacies are especially hard to find. Not all gas stations have them. But when they do... I stock up.

I like to couple this addiction with another one--liquor.

Good, cold, hard liquor with my strawberry sour punch straws. Nothing beats it.

Let me clarify something, for those of you who don't know me very well.

Liquor=cherry coke.

And it's okay; my parents know about this addiction. In fact, my mother's very words were, "I will not support any of your addictions...except coke." Viola! Addiction supported!

Not just regular liquor, though. It's gotta be the hard stuff (Hard=cherry, for those of you not catching onto this metaphor). I love the bite. *roar* It's so good.

So there you have it. My confession. And while I'm at it, another confession: I wasn't really nervous about making this one. :-)

No comments: